In line with UK government guidelines, the Clapton shop is now welcoming visiting customers back into the shop. During this period of increased risk of virus transmission, we have a number of temporary measures in place to make the shop as safe as we can for staff and customers. As the advice changes, so too will these measures so please do keep an eye on this page for new information.
June 16 2020 updated Covid-19 Rules
- Customers will be let into the shop one at a time. We have plenty of chairs for any knitters that get stuck in a queue, so do bring your knitting in case you have to wait.
- Please pay by card, not cash
- Hand sanitiser is available as you enter the shop and you are kindly asked to use it when you come in
- As you browse the yarns, please place your items in a wooden tray, instead of carrying them in your hands
- Hold back from touching the wool against your face
Unfortunately we won’t be able to provide sit-down help with knitting, but you can continue to call for video consults for pattern and technique help.
And finally Wool-by-Bike for local knitters, and Wool-by-Post for far-away knitters, is carrying on just as before. The Knit and Collect service, also continues to remain a good way of beating the queues.