Autumn Sweater Club 2021
11 November @ 6:30 pm£150.00
This five-part course takes place on 11th, 18th, 25th November and 2nd, 9th December 2021.
Start (and finish) knitting a sweater? Yes you can!
If you’ve conquered the basics of casting on, purling, knitting and binding off, then you’re ready to move on and make a start on your first garment and this set of classes will take you all the way.
Over 5 weekly classes we will work through knitting your choice of top-down sweater or cardigan pattern* together, step by step, so that by the end you will have a finished garment and the confidence and knowledge to get going on knitting many more.
Each week we will guide you through the garment construction techniques that your pattern requires. Providing you can continue knitting between the classes, your brand new hand knitted sweater will be in sight by the end of the 5 weeks.
During the course you will learn how to:
- choose the right yarn for your pattern
- measure yourself correctly to choose the right size for the pattern you want to knit
- swatch and measure your knitting gauge
- read and follow the pattern and its knitting terminology
- master the stitches and techniques used in the pattern
- complete the garment with appropriate finishing techniques and blocking
The course fee includes tuition and pattern instruction. Patterns, needles and yarn are available to purchase separately with a 10% participant’s discount.
As this course is based on knitting a top-down garment, students are encouraged to select a pattern from the list below before the course commences on 11 November. Help and advice with choosing patterns is always available in the shop.
- Il Grande Favorito by Isabell Kraemer
- Aveiro by Orlane Sucche
- Novice Sweater by Petite Knit
- Louisiana Sweater by Petite Knit
- No Frills Sweater by Petite Knit
- Top Down Seamless Men’s Saddle Shouldered Sweater by Kyoko Nakayoshi
- Piilo by Jonna Hietala
- Varpu by Jonna Hietala
- Felix Pullover by Amy Christoffers
- Evendoon Pullover by Kate Davies
- Evendoon Cardigan by Kate Davies
- Fanel by Orlane Sucche
- Don’t Ask by Isabell Kraemer
- Felix Cardigan by Amy Christoffers
- Harvest Cardigan by Tin Can Knits
- Cyclamen by Renee Callahan
- Shore Cardigan by Carrie Bostick Hoge
Alternatively any of the sweaters in these books of top-down sweater patterns would be great options:
When booking your ticket, please make sure you are able attend on the date selected. If you wish to cancel your booking we can offer refunds on purchased tickets up to two weeks (14 days) before the class date. After that time, refunds will be dependent on whether we can re-sell your ticket to someone on a waiting list. For classes which are regularly repeated, date change requests can be considered up to 10 days before your workshop date. Please email us for more details.