- This event has passed.
The Big WiP RIP
3 September, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pmFree
I know we don’t like to speak of these things but sometimes we must: those un-finished objects, that get hidden guiltily in dark and gloomy spaces, the projects we fell out with and can’t bear the sight of – well my friends, it’s time to face your fears.
The Big WiP RIP is all about putting the progress back into your forgotten WiPs. We’re going to fix them or rip them, but hoarding ain’t an option.We’re following in the footsteps of our knitty sisters at Fluph in Dundee, and welcoming the new knitting year in with a big WIP RIP.
Essentially it’s a four step journey:
- Face your WiP – find it, take it out of its guilty hiding place. It’s time to show it some overdue consideration.
- Ask yourself Louise’s 3 questions…
- Why did I cast it on?
- Do I still love it?
- If there are mistakes, can I fix them?
- Consider your answers and together we’ll work out a plan: either (a) how to fix and finish it, or (b) if the relationship is really over, we’ll have a cup of tea, take a deep breath and rip it back and wind it up.
- Document the process – Knit British would love you to take a photo of your WIP and use the hashtag #bigwiprip on social media. Post it on IG or twitter and explain what the project was, in which yarn, why you lost the love and – most importantly – what you think you might make with the freed yarn.
Get FREE Wild and Woolly News in your inbox