- This event has passed.
Design Your Own Lace with Karie Westermann
3 December, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm£50
With experienced lace designer Karie Westermann, learn to demystify how lace works and design your own project in just a few hours! Together you will look at how lace stitch patterns work and how to incorporate a lace stitch pattern into a design of your own.
You will learn how to draw lace charts and how to calculate projects.
Karie will guide you throw your design process – whether you want to design a scarf or a shawl –and give you hands-on advice regarding designing repeats and motifs that really work.
- How to design your own lace patterns
- How to draw lace draws using either pen & paper or MS Excel
- How to insert lace repeats into a shawl
- Understanding how to trouble-shoot lace designs
- Knit, purl, working a yarnover and doing at least one decrease
- How to read an easy lace chart
- 1 ball of 4ply (at least 50% natural fibres)
- 1 pair of 4mm needles (straight or circular – if circular, then 24” preferred)
- Selection of stitch markers
- Pencil, graph paper and eraser
- Tapestry needle
Practice yarn, needles, stitch markers and graphpaper will be available to use during the class. Alternatively you can purchase your own with a 10% participant discount.
Get FREE Wild and Woolly News in your inbox