Beginners II: Learn to knit a woolly hat
29 September @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£45
For knitters who’ve conquered the basics of casting on and off and knitting and purling, this hat class will add circular knitting to your knitty repertoire, and help keep yourself and your friends toasty this winter.
You will learn how to:
- Cast on and join to knit in the round using a circular needle
- Rib, knit and purl in the round.
- Manage small-circumference knitting with the magic loop technique and double pointed needles
- Work decreases into your knitting to shape your hat and bring it to a close at the top.
- Learn to follow the abbreviated instructions in a knitting pattern
You will need a 100g ball of super-chunky yarn such as a Debbie Bliss Roma or Rowan Big. Needles will be provided for use during the class. Alternatively you can buy wool and needles from the shop with a 10% class participants’ discount.