- This event has passed.
Learn to Embroider Knitting with Judit ‘Kuniberta’ Gummlich
19 January, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Feeling bored with your old plain sweaters? Adding new colour, texture and pattern can transform your knitwear and take you on an exciting new journey in handwork and design.
In this masterclass, Hamburg-based sewist and knitter, Judit Gummlich (aka Kuniberta) invites you to discover the free-roaming stitches you can create with a tapestry needle and embroidery yarns.
The class will cover:
- basics and special characteristics of embroidery on knitwear/handknits
- how to find templates/patterns and place themappropriately
- to consider color and yarn selection
- basic embroidery stitches and how to use them
Participants should bring:
- a pair of small scissors
- embroidery frame, diameter around 15-20 cm
- yarn scraps
- a garment/shawl to be embroidered or one or two swatches, app. 20×20 cm
When booking your ticket, please make sure you are able attend on the date selected. If you wish to cancel your booking we can offer refunds on purchased tickets up to two weeks (14 days) before the class date. After that time, refunds will be dependent on whether we can re-sell your ticket to someone on a waiting list. For date change requests please contact us at least 10 days before your workshop date. Please email us for more details.
Get FREE Wild and Woolly News in your inbox