- This event has passed.
Summer Sweater Club
23 April, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmFree
This five-part course takes place on 23rd and 30 April, 9th and 14th and 21st May 2020.
Start (and finish) knitting a sweater? Yes you can!
If you’ve conquered the basics of casting on, purling, knitting and binding off, then you’re ready to move on and make a start on your first garment and this set of classes will take you all the way.
Over 5 weekly classes we will work through knitting your choice of top-down sweater or cardigan pattern* together, step by step, so that by the end you will have a finished garment and the confidence and knowledge to get going on knitting many more.
Each week we will guide you through the garment construction techniques that your pattern requires. Providing you can continue knitting between the classes, your brand new hand knitted sweater will be in sight by the end of the 5 weeks.
During the course you will learn how to:
- choose the right yarn for your pattern
- measure yourself correctly to choose the right size for the pattern you want to knit
- swatch and measure your knitting gauge
- read and follow the pattern and its knitting terminology
- master the stitches and techniques used in the pattern
- complete the garment with appropriate finishing techniques and blocking
The course fee includes tuition and pattern instruction. Patterns, needles and yarn are available to purchase separately with a 10% participant’s discount.
*As the course is based on knitting a top-down garment, students are encouraged to select a pattern from the summer-weight or winter-weight lists below before the course commences on 23rd April. Help and advice with choosing patterns is always available in the shop.
- Treskilling by Kristin Blom
- Big in Japan by Katrin Schneider
- Cherry by Midori Hirose
- Emmaline by Bristol Ivy
- Gillespie by Cecily Glowik MacDonald
- Kathryn by Jerusha Robinson
- Parker Cardi by Carrie Bostick Hoge
- Dubro by Michiyo
- Dexter Cardigan by Isabell Kraemer
- Il Grande Favorito by Isabell Kraemer
- Any sweater from the Madder Anthology 2 collection
- Flax Sweater by Tin Can Knits
- Harvest Cardigan by Tin Can Knits
- Top-down Seamless Men’s Saddle Shoulder Sweater by Kyoko Nakayoshi
- Daelyn Pullover by Isabell Kraemer
- Gramps by Tin Can Knits
- Sunshine Coast by Heidi Kirrmaier
- Timber by Shannon Cook
- Cyclamen by Renee Callahan
- A cropped Sweater for Winter by Andi Satterland
- Any sweater from the from Coco Knits Sweater Workshop collection by Julie Weisenberger
Get FREE Wild and Woolly News in your inbox