- This event has passed.
Winter Sweater Club 2020
13 February @ 6:30 pm£110
This five-part course takes place on 13th, 20th, 27th February, 5th and 12th March 2020.
Start (and finish) knitting a sweater? Yes you can!
If you’ve conquered the basics of casting on, purling, knitting and binding off, then you’re ready to move on and make a start on your first garment and this set of classes will take you all the way.
Over 5 weekly classes we will work through knitting your choice of top-down sweater or cardigan pattern* together, step by step, so that by the end you will have a finished garment and the confidence and knowledge to get going on knitting many more.
Each week we will guide you through the garment construction techniques that your pattern requires. Providing you can continue knitting between the classes, your brand new hand knitted sweater will be in sight by the end of the 5 weeks.
During the course you will learn how to:
- choose the right yarn for your pattern
- measure yourself correctly to choose the right size for the pattern you want to knit
- swatch and measure your knitting gauge
- read and follow the pattern and its knitting terminology
- master the stitches and techniques used in the pattern
- complete the garment with appropriate finishing techniques and blocking
The course fee includes tuition and pattern instruction. Patterns, needles and yarn are available to purchase separately with a 10% participant’s discount.
As this course is based on knitting a top-down garment, students are encouraged to select a pattern from the list below before the course commences on 19 September. Help and advice with choosing patterns is always available in the shop.
- Dexter Cardigan by Isabell Kraemer
- Il Grande Favorito by Isabell Kraemer
- Tild by Orlane Sucche
- Novice Sweater by Petite Knit
- Any sweater from the Madder Anthology 2 collection
- Flax Sweater by Tin Can Knits
- Harvest Cardigan by Tin Can Knits
- Gramps by Tin Can Knits
- Vitamin D by Heidi Kirrmaier
- Sunshine Coast by Heidi Kirrmaier
- Timber by Shannon Cook
- Cyclamen by Renee Callahan
- A cropped Sweater for Winter by Andi Satterland
- Top Down Seamless Men’s Saddle Shouldered Sweater by Kyoko Nakayoshi
- Any sweater from the from Coco Knits Sweater Workshop collection by Julie Weisenberger
When booking your ticket, please make sure you are able attend on the date selected. If you wish to cancel your booking we can offer refunds on purchased tickets up to two weeks (14 days) before the class date. After that time, refunds will be dependent on whether we can re-sell your ticket to someone on a waiting list. For classes which are regularly repeated, date change requests can be considered up to 10 days before your workshop date. Please email us for more details.