Cocoknits needle gauge
Cocoknits based this gauge on the tool used by a jeweler to size diamonds: a rainbow stack of connected discs for identifying knitting needle sizes US 0-15 / 2-10mm.
The discs swivel out and click back together with tiny magnets and the whole tool is small enough to fit in your project bag so you can always have it with you.
The gauge is made from PLA, a 100% biodegradable, plant-based plastic substitute to plastic
- Each disc is imprinted in both US and mm needle sizes from US 0-15 / 2-10mm
- Needle Gauge has 16 discs in total with a hole for the following metric sizes: 2mm, 2.25mm, 2.75mm, 3.25mm, 3.5mm, 3.75mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 6.5mm, 8mm, 9mm and 10mm
- Overall size (closed) is 2.5cm diameter X 4cm high (1″ X 1.5″)
- Discs are in an array of rainbow colours.
- The discs are made from 100% fiber waste called polylactic acid, which is made from fermented plant strach such as corn, beets or sugar cane. It is 100% biodegradable and contains no plastic.
How to Use:
Swivel out the plastic disc to access the hole and insert your needle. The smallest hole that your needle fits into is your needle size. If the needle is unable to be inserted, select the next size up, or if there is excess space, try the next size down.
- If your Needle Gauge accidentally gets wet, dry it off, then fan out the discs so they don’t become stuck together as they dry. If this happens you should be able to force them apart again, but best to let them dry separately if possible.
- Extremely humid conditions can affect the material. To return it to it’s pre-humid state, keep it in a temperate, drier area for 24-48 hours and allow it to acclimate with discs fanned out.
4 in stock